2.20.2010

put a smile on your heart...

Well I think I'm finally getting a hang of this teacher thing.

The first six weeks are over and I'm exhausted, but oh so excited about the next six weeks.  This week is homecoming, and it's reminding me of home and Allen High School Homecoming.  Tomorrow is wear your pajamas day, and I can still remember the themed week in high school.  I've got my whole outfit picked out, and I'm so excited about wearing slippers to school!

This past weekend was a combination of wonderful rest, and a bittersweet reminder that when you love someone you cannot let them go.  A friend of mine got her heart broken, and she has been on my mind all weekend.  It has made me think that Jesus places people in our lives to grow us, and sometimes things happen that we cannot control or understand.  We must just remember that he is using our weak days to grow us into the people he has called us to be.  When it doesn't make any sense to us, that's when he's using our difficulties the most.  As my daddy always told me, remember that He's in charge, and put a smile on your heart today!

Love,

Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment